TRANSFORMING CITIES, ENHANCING WELL-BEING: INNOVATING WITH NATURE-BASED SOLUTIONS
Think Nature and Connecting Nature are pleased to jointly host the H2020 Clustering Action “Transforming Cities, Enhancing Well-being: innovating with nature-based solutions” which takes place from 16th -18th May 2018, in the University of A Coruña (Spain).
The Clustering Action will bring together representatives from the European Commission and other international institutions dealing with the funding, monitoring and evaluation of nature-based solutions. The conference will focuss on three main themes:
- Sustainable Urbanization in Cities and Restoration of Degraded Ecosystems.
- Towards a reference framework for thriving cities with nature-based solutions.
- Enhancing innovation potential through new governance and business models for nature-based solutions.
The event will be dynamic and interactive using the “pressure cooker” format, with guiding questions and specific outcomes prepared for each day aimed at maximising learning and exchange among participants.
The event agenda is being updated constantly as new speakers join our panels. The latest agenda is available on the link below.
- Download the agenda.
- Detailed information about the content of the sessions on the agenda is available to assist you in planning what sessions to attend.
- Download this information here.
- Information about the Nature – Based Excursions can be found here.
The interactive sessions will provide a platform for cities, SME’s, civil society organisations and the research community to share insights on the challenges and opportunities in using nature-based solutions to tackle environmental, social and health problems European cities face. Several European innovation projects such as Connecting Nature, Think Nature, Urban GreenUP, GROW GREEN and UNALAB will showcase their demonstration actions of large scale design, implementation and evaluation of nature-based solutions.
The event brings together over 150 delegates, including representatives from the European Commission and other international institutions dealing with the funding, monitoring and evaluation of nature-based solutions, such as the United Nations Environment Programme, the European Investment Bank and the European Environmental Agency. Around 50 European cities, together with public and financial institutions, green businesses, and other leading civil society and media organisations will come together for a lively debate on the promising urban experiments, in order to exchange their experiences, discuss their challenges and identify synergies for joint pathways to sustainable, resilient and healthy cities in Europe.
WHY SHOULD YOU TAKE PART?
Join the sessions as a participant: Come and join the lively interactive sessions as a participant and ensure your city plays a part in this European Dialogue on nature-based solutions. Download your invitation here and register your attendance here.
Poster presentation: We encourage you to present one or several nature-based solutions your city has designed and / or implemented in a poster presentation format. Download the instructions and poster template here.
Join the Nature-Based Expo and Pitch Battle: Come and network with the exciting innovative nature-based enterprises and SME’s providing solutions to European cities. Vote for what you consider to be the most relevant solution for your city in the NBE Pitch Battle running during the event.
FOR NATURE – BASED ENTERPRISES AND SME’S
Are you a
- Nature-based enterprise providing specific nature-based solutions for towns and cities e.g. green infrastructure, ‘nature-based’ waste and water management solutions,
- SME providing services to cities when creating and drafting plans to implement nature- based solution programmes in their cities e.g. GIS mapping; collaborative planning;
- Business providing products, services or solutions that create resilient cities
Would you like a once off opportunity to engage directly with decision makers from European cities and showcase your innovative solutions? If so take part in our Nature – Based Enterprise Expo. Applications close on 27th April.
NBE Pitch Battle: Be one of the 12 companies selected to pitch your nature-based solution to city managers from all over Europe in a fun, quick-fire pitch battle. 5 minutes to answer 3 questions and tell us why you’re the best!
Join the sessions as a participant: Come and join the lively interactive sessions as a participant and ensure your NBE plays a part in this European Dialogue on nature-based solutions. Register your attendance here.
REGISTER NOW AND ENSURE:
- Privileged access to multiple European cities with potential to initiate strategic partnerships along with increased visibility and access to new markets
- Exhibition space to organise business meetings with relevant business counterparts based on your company profile
- Profile included in online catalogue & also in conference pack
- Pitching opportunity in front of key decision makers from cities, researchers and European Commission officials
- ‘Most Innovative NBE 2018’ Award and a platform for the winner to pitch their business at the final event plenary
- Media exposure
- Network with city managers and planners, researchers and business advisers
- Access to all sessions of the event itself which addresses to innovative approaches linked to nature-based solutions
FOR EARLY STAGE CAREER RESEARCHERS
As part of the event, we are hosting a short session which is first and foremost aimed at bringing together those early career researchers who are studying nature-based solutions. Nature-based solutions in cities have the potential to employ many people and have even more potential to become new enterprises or grow existing ones. So, as we gather in A Coruña, and as we listen to the cities and SME’s from many projects and regions of Europe discuss the potential for nature-based solutions, let us also see where early career professionals can fit into this arena and how it can benefit you from an academic or a practitioner point of view.