Place: Berlin, Germany
Date: June 20, 2017 – June 22, 2017
The World Green Infrastructure Congress is a multi-day event concerning the greening of buildings (greening of roofs, façades and indoor areas) with the associated accompanying topics (e. g. urban climate, rainwater management, sustainability). At the end of the congress, there is the possibility to participate in excursions to special green roofs and façades in Berlin.
The congress is named after the WGIN World Green Infrastructure Network e. V., which has been organizing the event since 2007 annually in a different member country.
The congress offers:
- More than 100 speakers from 20 different countries
- More than 40 exhibitors at the accompanying exhibition
- Knowledge transfer of greening of buildings (greening of roofs, façades and indoor areas)
- Showing of best practice examples
- Transfer of knowledge by industry experts from Germany and abroad in parallel
series of lectures and discussion rounds.
- Networking. Meeting point. Addressing new target groups
- Interdisciplinary exchange of experience between city representatives, architects, city planners, urban water developers, industrial and property representatives, manufacturers, processors, researchers, associations, politicians and other interested parties